Here’s a sampling of what’s happening as well as some deals.
Numerous cities across the nation are participating on First Night 2009. In the South, this includes Fayetteville (Ark.), Austin (Texas), Cocoa (Fla.), Delray Beach (Fla.), St. Peterburg (Fla.), Charlotte (N.C.), Raleigh (N.C.), and in Virginia: Alexandria, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, Harrisonburg, Williamsburg and Winchester.
- Don’t miss out on Big D NYE 2009. The event features parties and a very large firework display. After all, this is Texas.
- Experience New Year’s Eve in the Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin, along the Beaches of South Walton in the Florida panhandle.
- If you are thinking about Panama City Beach, Fla., don’t miss the Beach Ball Drop at Pier Park. While the festivities begin at 5:30 p.m., it’s probably best to arrive early. You can read my take on Pier Park here. If you are in the market for some hotel deals, be sure to check out ALL the hotel listings available in Panama City Beach, and let me tell you there are some good ones.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Celebration (Fla.) with during their New Year’s Eve Bash featuring entertainment, food and more.
- Ring in the New Year during Gatlinburg’s (Tenn.) 20th Annual New Year’s Eve Ball Drop & Fireworks that includes party favors and live entertainment.
- Start 2009 at one of West Virginia’s State Parks. Events are scheduled for Cacapon Resort State Park in Berkeley Springs, Canaan Valley Resort State Park in Davis and North Bend State Park in Cairo.
photo credit: Fireworks..an aftermath!, flickr, creative commons by light play